Support Manager

Overview

The four and a half day Support Manager course is uniquely created to provide training on the fundamentals of management relative to the support environment, and to enhance the inherent skills and knowledge of the support manager. This course focuses specifically on the most common management elements that occur in the technical support centre including, managing customer satisfaction, operations and team performance management and facilitating a team while managing a dynamic service product. This course offers support managers the opportunity to develop and refine their technology support leadership skills enabling them to effectively manage the challenges of the most complex support centres.

Who Should Attend

The Support Manager course is for managers who have at least six months management experience and have received some basic management training.

Requirements

The course begins with a review and quiz on a set of pre-class reading materials. These materials are sent to each participant two weeks prior to the class start date. Participants are strongly encouraged to register at least two weeks in advance to allow time to complete these pre-class assignments.

Each participant is required to bring the pre-class reading materials as well as a notebook computer with a USB port and with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint installed. These will be used as tools during the course. All other materials and tools will be provided.

Homework is assigned for most evenings of the course. Please plan for study time outside of class.

Some of the training objectives…

• Manage dynamics of change within the support centre
  • Enhance leadership skills
  • Effective staff utilisation
  • Increase support centre morale and retention

More information

To request a course brochure, please complete our Contact Us form.

Certified Support Managers

The list of Certified Support Managers from around the world.

287 Comments

1. Deepak Devaragudi says:

Instructor Steve Brand is one of the best instructors I had experienced. He ensures that everyone is listening. He states the practical examples for every topic & shares his experience on the same which keeps interesting & encourages us to implement

2. Vikrant Gedam says:

Instructor was very innovative while making every point I understand. It helped a lot in understanding course content.

3. Kishore Somanath says:

These concepts will play a bigger role in Manager’s activities and how he can take his team to the next level and be successful as a Manager/team, & to the company.

4. Rajat Mathur says:

Thank you & I felt it was very useful and I will be using most of the concepts in my daily work.

5. Dean Ivelja says:

Steve provides excellent real world examples.

6. Peter Johnson says:

It would be great if there were more hands on/participation things to do. I feel I got the most out of these aspects of the course. Although I appreciate you need to allow for multiple different learning styles.

7. Lucas Vieites says:

The way Steve presented the topics showed he really had great experience. The ability to illustrate with real life examples enhances that impression.

8. Mateusz Kontowicz says:

Maybe some discussion and practice. Not sure if Excel inputs are important. Great additional value to standard managers trainings.

9. James Maggs says:

Pre course reading is quite dated, 20 years old. Concepts are still valued but examples like Apple is out of date.

10. Eytan Perso says:

Will be great to have the student manual in pdf. The focus was a bit off from my team responsibility but I managed to take a lot!! and I already started to use some of the points. Customer support manager is not always deal with call centre or direct.

11. Dragos Ionut Ghibilic says:

Information could be decompressed as it might help beginner managers to better reuse the understanding of all topics.

12. Laura Cairns says:

The only reason I said “Agree” to number 2 as opposed to “Strongly Agree” is because I don’t have much budget of financial planning responsibility in my role. However some of the content if I use it will help me begin to demonstrate that I know how to and can be trusted so maybe I will one day soon! The stories Steve tells about real life examples is so helpful in remembering content.

13. Adnan Bezdrob says:

“It is a shame that Mind Mapping was presented in the last class.
    If it was presented in the beginning, I would definitely try to use it.
    Most of the examples given throughout the course
    are the "e; perfect world examples & quote;.
    I find these to be very exciting and inspiring during the course but
    evaporate as soon as faced with the & quote; real world & quote; situation.
    Perhaps having candidates prepare for the next day with their own
    & quote; real world challenges & quote; would give a spark to the course
    and inspire future & quote; real world & quote; examples.
    All in all an inspiring and useful class.
    For now I can say it has helped me move from a mindset of transitioning
    between a TSE and a manager into thinking like a manager.
    I don’t expect to start using everything demonstrated here, but I definitely
    appreciate tips, tools, principals and methodology presented and already
    have a few ideas what and how to apply in practice. Let’s see… “

14. Brendan Roche says:

Steve did a fantastic job and there was a real feeling that he had actual experience and real life advice the topics raised rather than book learned material. Give the man a raise!! 🙂

15. Brian Galvin says:

Thank you, can’t fault it, material was concise, and instructor was knowledgeable and open to questions. Ability to go off track to enhance learning experience and come right back to where we were to keep to schedule was handled really well

16. Luis Raul Parra says:

There is a lot of very good content here that will definitely improve my
    performance as a Manager, thank you!
    However, I feel that because of the amount of content the course should be
    either longer or split in 2 sections, or at least have recommended
    to attend it in a different city from where you live so you can totally focus
    on it. It was very difficult for me to go home with the family and just start
    studying after everyone else was in bed (around 9.30 PM).
    I did learn a lot but I feel I could have learned even more in a different
    situation if I had some more rest.

17. Mark Venables says:

Steve was a very knowledgable instructor with excellent presentation skills. He explained things in a very clear and interesting manner. Thank you.

18. Martin Searle says:

Steve was terrific, very helpful and very approachable it made the course a joy to be on. Apart from the amount of homework that is!!

19. Martina Horgan says:

I found an awful lot of material to go through so the first 3 days were intense, the whole course could be split out over longer term or done in two parts I would have liked if some of the homework discussion or doing could be incorporated into the course that would help (not the review the following morning) Case study time for the presentation on the KPI and case study I felt was not long enough – feel like 1 hour more appropriate I’m not mathematically minded so these tended to be done in afternoon, luck of the draw, for me I would have preferred that was done on earlier in the week and in the morning

20. Michelle Needham says:

It was very very intense. Would recommend that it should be residential;. Found it difficult to keep the momentum when going home each evenin