Support Manager

Overview

The four and a half day Support Manager course is uniquely created to provide training on the fundamentals of management relative to the support environment, and to enhance the inherent skills and knowledge of the support manager. This course focuses specifically on the most common management elements that occur in the technical support centre including, managing customer satisfaction, operations and team performance management and facilitating a team while managing a dynamic service product. This course offers support managers the opportunity to develop and refine their technology support leadership skills enabling them to effectively manage the challenges of the most complex support centres.

Who Should Attend

The Support Manager course is for managers who have at least six months management experience and have received some basic management training.

Requirements

The course begins with a review and quiz on a set of pre-class reading materials. These materials are sent to each participant two weeks prior to the class start date. Participants are strongly encouraged to register at least two weeks in advance to allow time to complete these pre-class assignments.

Each participant is required to bring the pre-class reading materials as well as a notebook computer with a USB port and with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint installed. These will be used as tools during the course. All other materials and tools will be provided.

Homework is assigned for most evenings of the course. Please plan for study time outside of class.

Some of the training objectives…

• Manage dynamics of change within the support centre
  • Enhance leadership skills
  • Effective staff utilisation
  • Increase support centre morale and retention

More information

To request a course brochure, please complete our Contact Us form.

Certified Support Managers

The list of Certified Support Managers from around the world.

287 Comments

1. Áine Brennan says:

It was a great course, it was above the level of what I am currently operating at but there was still a lot of useful information and tools that i can take away and use every day.It was a full on week with after class work but I can understand that[…]

2. Alan Walsh says:

Maybe scale back the financial module and allow some time for revision/summary of the week.

3. Rebecca Hulston says:

The examples provided are extremely thought provoking and makes the concepts easier to understand. Was able to get several ideas as the course was very relevant to my experiences and struggles.

4. Jonny Seymour says:

Having the page numbers on the slides was a very good idea, thank you. Please remove the macros from the excel docs

5. Aisling Kenneally says:

If I could score a 6 on Question 4 and 6 I would! I have thouroughly enjoyed the course and huge thank you to Steve for giving me the confidence to take the reins more in my job. The materials were perfectly relevant

6. Tomas Haviernik says:

Little more on creative abrasion and how to implement in performance.

7. Andrea Häberle says:

It was an enjoyable week with a very nice group. Even if I hated the exam it was really helpful to review all material and deep dive on some topics

8. Louise England says:

I can think of others in my org who would benefit and I’ll recommend this course. It was honestly the best professional course I have ever taken. Everything was relevant to me and has inspired me. Thank you Steve

9. John McKeever says:

A lot of homework is needed. Being warned of this beforehand is very useful.

10. Andrea Dessi says:

Part of the context could be added to the CSV class, thus making CSM class more specific. Having already completed CSV class I found a lot of resoundant infromation in this class.

11. John James says:

The activities really helped understand the topics. Brain maps helped studying for the exam so thanks to Steve for introducing them. The presenter is one of the best parts. He manages to keep everyone engaged .

12. Derek Noonan says:

Great course Steve, invaluable for me getting better and undertaking the complexity of support organisation. Many thanks

13. Mikhail Shiryaev says:

Homework amount is quite large, I would personally require more time than allowed to do it well to a standard(subjectively). Some more small games (red-blue chips) & viual concepts (a can with plastic pieces) would be nice.

14. Oliver Zieminski says:

I would like to learn more about: Market analysis, Financial Management, Operations Management.

15. Kenny Williams says:

Your content is undeliverable in the time allocated for this course. 9-17.30pm + 2hrs homework.That is unreasonable.Nice guy but need to tell people what page you’re on before launching into topic, missed 1st bit of alot of things trying to find out

16. Sharon Murphy says:

Little more time required to revise, maybe one afternoon. But if you do homework, all should be good.

17. John McNally says:

Days were very long. Hours of class and homework meant no other work could be done. Some parts felt a bit dated.

18. Gurudutt Ramamurthy says:

Course was fantastic, I liked Steves skill. Couple more activities is great to have. More relative examples related to JDA would have been perfect as we don’t work on taking calls. Good job Steve !

19. Bhanja Biswal says:

Very interactive class & Steve’s energy level was too good to make all of us active all the time. Shared many recommendations for some situations that I am facing challenges. Very creative thinking to find improvement.

20. Preetha Chandrasekharan, says:

Good and interactive with regular check points on learning with assignments & review questions. Too much content in 32 hours both for trainer and trainee. Revisit to make it more effective.